“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Benjamin Franklin said that in the 1730s as advice for fire safety. But like all timeless quotes, it applies to many more aspects of modern life, particularly dental health.
Keeping your smile beautiful and healthy is done most effectively with preventative measures. Some vital guidelines are highlighted here.
1. Make a habit of brushing your teeth. Do it twice a day for 2 minutes. Be sure to use an ADA approved toothpaste and toothbrush.
2. Don’t forget the floss! Flossing between your teeth daily will do wonders for your teeth and keep your gums healthy too.
3. Wear a protective mouthguard when joining in an activity where your mouth could possibly be damaged.
4. Don’t smoke. As if you needed yet another reason not to!
5. Abstain from piercing your lips, tongue, cheek, or any other part of your mouth that someone decided you should shove a metal bar through. Piercings put you at greater risk for chipped teeth, infection and nerve damage. It’s a perilous fashion that you’ll want to avoid.
6. Stay away from snacks that have a lot of sugar or starch.
7. Schedule regular dental visits, of course!
At Koch Aesthetic Dentistry in Birmingham, we want each of our patients to have excellent dental health. Our services include cosmetic dentistry. We also provide headache relief. Schedule an appointment with us today.
Contact Koch Aesthetic Dentistry – The Dental Spa:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):